Friday, November 7, 2008

23 Weeks Down 17 to go!

Well I'm officially 23 weeks today. My silly baby book says that the baby is the size of a Barbie or Ken Doll. LOL! I about cracked up when I read that cause I think my child has probably surpassed Barbie.

We've picked up some of Lego's furniture and put it together. I wasn't to sure about the color we chose until I saw it in person. I love it!!! It really seems like great furniture and a nice quality! We started putting the pieces together around 8:30 Thursday night and we didn't finish until about 3 hours later. By the time we were finished putting everything together I didn't even really want to look at our finished product because I was so exhausted. But, the next morning we both woke up and went and just stood in there. It was kinda cute. Jake was in his boxers opening the blinds to let light in and I was standing in the doorway (practically naked cause none of my night clothes fit really). We looked at each other and around the room and just agreed that it was perfect! Perfect light, perfect space, perfect colors...AMAZING! It's weird how everything just falls into place. But, here are some pics of the room so far. We are still waiting for our other dresser to come in, but once it does I will add the pics.







We had the Marine Corp Birthday Ball this weekend. It was a lot of fun and unfortunately it was our last Ball since Jake's contract is up next summer. We always have a great time with all of those guys and their dates. We've all kind of become a second family to one another. It will be sad next year when they're all out of the Corp. But, as fun as it was, we also got some sad news. His unit will be deploying again come spring. It will be a small group of about 75 guys to Afghanistan for a 6 month tour. It will really be about 7-8 months since they leave early for training, but they are saying that this group will be activated in early March. SURPRISE!!! That is when I'm due. This tour is all volunteer, however (there's always a catcher), if they do not volunteer for this tour, they will be forced to go in the next one and all the other deployments are for a year. So, needless to say we have a lot to discuss! Choosing to go when Lego is first born or waiting a couple months for a longer sentence. UGH!! Wish us luck!


It seems as though my shower dates are set. My Mother's is January 10th and Jake's Mother's is the 17th. They should both be a lot of fun! It's sucks because we are doing them pretty much right after the holidays, but we are left with no choice since Jake's parents will be out of town for most of February and I don't want to wait until the last minute to get the room set up. We are anxious to see what kind of cool things we will get for Lego, but honestly we would be happy if all we got were diapers and wipes! LOL!


Oh and one last thing...I have a new tummy pic. I was 22 Weeks and 5 days in this pic. I feel so disgusting now. I'm definitely ready to have my body back! If it weren't for those little kicks from inside and tummy rubs from Jake, I would definitely be thinking this is not worth it.

2 comments:

Life in the Unexpected Lane said...

Your tummy looks so cute! I took a new one last night of my 20 weeks and 4 days! I will put it up when I get off work. Your room furniture looks so good, we started putting ours up to and its so nice to see it coming together! Good luck with everything whats your due date?!

Lnthompson said...

AWW...thanks so much. Everyone keeps saying I'm all belly...but it really doesn't feel like it. LOL!

You gotta post your room pics. I would love to see.

I'm due March 10. You're the 25th right?