Thursday, October 30, 2008

Furniture Frenzy!

After a long day yesterday I thought it necessary to leave a little update. We have ordered little Lego's bedroom furniture. After about 20 phones calls between my mother, Jake's mother, Jake and myself...we've picked out the furniture and agreed on the price. Let me just tell you ALL right now, that this is no easy task. Of course we are blessed to have our parents want to pay for a piece of furniture each. Furniture costs A LOT! And, the shipping is just as bad! So expect to spend a pretty penny when buying descent furniture that you want to last a while!

This is our crib:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresser:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresser/Changing Table Combo:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I can't wait to get the furniture set up and start decorating. All of it should be here by Nov 17. Just a few weeks away and I'm so excited! I have a few ideas, but it will be nice to finally see everything coming together.

I also had a doctors appointment yesterday. It was pretty boring. Walked in, got weighed and measured, then left. I had to schedule the rest of my appointments up to January and thats when this whole thing started to feel a little more real and that it's coming closer to an end. My appointments were being scheduled every 4 weeks and by January I will be down to once ever 2 weeks. YIKES!

I can feel Lego kick on a regular basis now. It's crazy! I'm starting to notice a schedule/pattern. A little in the morning when I wake up, crazy kicking while I'm eaating lunch, and then more crazy kicking when I'm laying in bed at night. He kicked me so hard yesterday I thought I was going to pee myself. LOL! It's the strangest feeling! I can see it when I lay down and if I put my hand there I can feel it. I tried to get Jake to feel it, but he's too impatient.

I'm getting pretty round. Two pairs of my maternity jeans are already getting tight. Not the pants themselves, just the elastic at the top and it's rather annoying! I found the most fabulous pair of jeans yesterday though. At Motherhood Maternity. They are having a big fall sale and I got them for $25. They are so comfortable and stretchy!

My Birthday is tomorrow. I'm not really excited about it cause I can't really celebrate it. Everyone keeps asking me what I want and usually I ask for clothes, but I don't want anything that I can't wear or won't be able to wear in 4 months. Whatever! But, one thing I do find exciting and never really thought about until now is that it's my BIRTHDAY! The day I blessed my Mom 23 years ago. It's crazy, but over the years it seems Birthdays are less celebrated every year as you get older. You begin to forget about it and so do most of the people around you. I know when Lego joins us in March that day will be HUGE, and I don't ever want to forget it! There will be tons of people coming to see/greet him. I want Lego to know how special and important he was on that day and every year when his birthday comes around again. To really celebrate his life and that he's here with us. It truly is a special day and just because it's one year later/older doesn't mean it isn't just as special!

So Happy early Birthday to me, and a Happy early Halloween to all of you!

2 comments:

The May Family said...

I love the furniture!!!!!! Its so nice!!!!! I cant wait to see Lego's room!!!!!!!

Ashley Raymond said...

I can't wait to meet lego!

You were totally a blessing to your mother. :-)