Monday, October 13, 2008

19 Weeks

Well I'm officially 19 weeks today! Time seems to be flying by! We went for our Level II Sonogram last friday. It was so cool! My due date has been moved up to March 7th from March 10th, which I'm sure I'll appreciate much later in my pregnancy. But, all is well with Lego. Lego has all 10 fingers and toes and is apparently a thumb sucker. He was being so stubborn during the sonogram cause he wouldn't let go of his darn finger. Mommy will have to change that...it's so bad for their teeth (when they come in).


I'm still feeling really well and have as much energy as to be expected. Jake and I are still getting things together around the house. We've finally finished out Kitchen and our new island. The washer and dryer are stacked and I've got an all new pantry! All we need is new doors to that closet and that project will be finished. We added some shelves to our closet and I'm really happy with that! We only have one more adjustment to the house before Lego joins us and that's our bathroom. I'm praying that we can get the glass doors and nasty bath fitter inside taken down and retiled. Oh, I hope we can get that done! I don't want to be fiddling w/ glass doors while bathing a child!


My Mom and I are ordering the babies furniture the first weekend in Nov. It takes about 4-6 weeks to ship and I want to get the major stuff set up in the room while I'm still in second trimester! I want to be able to help Jake put it together and set it up! So we're hoping it will be here before Christmas. Right now, we're busy decorating for Halloween (my birthday) and trying to get our costumes together. We've decided to be Juno and Bleeker. My office is holding a Costume Party and whoever has the most creative costume gets $150. So, I'm hoping to win cause we could really use the extra money!


I can't wait for the holiday season! I love Thanksgiving and Christmas and I'm even more excited that I don't have to care to much about what or how much I'm eating this year! HAHA! The Marine Corp Ball is coming up the 8th of November. I'm usually always thrilled about it...who doesn't like dressing up for a ball? But, this year I'm not so happy about it. I had absolutely no idea how hard it would be to find a dress (especially an inexpensive one). Plus I need a dress for my office xmas party and I'm trying to find something that is suitable for both venues so I can save money. Phhhf! A lot of fun that has been!


Other than that, not much has been going on! I'm happy fall is here, I'm just two more seasons away from being a Mommy! :)

Here's my belly at 18 Weeks:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Here's Lego's Arms:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Lego's Butt and Legs:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Lego's Halloween Face:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Lego's Hand:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Lego's Side Profile:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Lego Sucking it's thumb:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Oh, and just because everyone keeps asking us...

We chose Lego as a nickname because we didn't want the same little names that every other expecting couple uses (peanut, bean, etc.). So Jake said to me one day...why don't we call it Lego. Mind you, Jake is obsessed with Lego's and that's pretty much all he wants for Xmas and his birthday every year. So when he first said I thought to myself, NO! Then he says, "It will be cool cause the baby really is piecing itself together like a Lego does." *INSERT TEAR HERE* I thought it was the cutest thing and agreed immediately! So there you have it! LEGO is the name (temporarily that is). Oh, and P.S. when I go into Labor the signal will be LEGO MY EGO! HA!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hi, i found your blog today! Congrats on your pregnancy! Babies are sooo amazing! You'll love your little lego more than you ever dreamed possible!!! :)

dogquilter said...

Don't you just love feeling the somersaults?? Good luck with the clothing and yes you are totally correct about finally reaching the point where you no longer just look fat but everyone knows there is a LEGO on board!!

Life in the Unexpected Lane said...

That's so cool that you where born on a holiday! If our baby comes a week early he would come on St. Patty's Day! But ya its a little strange with not having anyone to really talk to about all this, so its nice to know other young mamas are out there just like me! And yes I am on the March 09 Board of What to Expect When Your Expecting!