Monday, September 8, 2008

13 Weeks

Well, I'm finally out of 1st Trimester! Thank god! I'm kind of disappointed because everyone kept telling me that 2nd Tri was the best and I would feel like new woman. Balogne!!!! I still feel incredibly tired (ALL THE TIME), and I'm still getting an occassional headache. I have more energy, but it doesn't last very long. I just can't wait until the baby is here and I can have my body back!

So, I went to the doctors for a checkup last week. I was soooo boosted because I thought we were going to see Lego. BIG LET DOWN!! I thought they were going to do all the testing this visit to make sure they were growing at the right pace, and make sure that my due date is still correct. All we got was the heartbeat. Don't get me wrong, that was amazing in itself to hear and I'm thankful, but I was REALLY looking forward to seeing Lego. I'm so jealous because I know many women have had several ultra sounds at this point and they have double reassurance that their baby is ok. But, I've only had 1 ultra sound so far and it was when I was 6 weeks. There was just a little blob on the screen with a little flashing heartbeat. I want to see my baby NOW!!

But, on with hearing the heartbeat...it was so wonderful! Bernie, my doc, says "ok, now it's going to sound like a choo choo train". And she's rolling the thing around on my tummy, rolling, rolling. Nothing. I immediately started panicing!!! Then all of a sudden there it was strong and loud, just like a choo choo. It was music to my ears and I can never explain how amazing it was to hear that little heartbeat. It was so fast, about 155 bpm. Jake was amazed that their little hearts could beat that fast. It was so nice having him there with me. Oh, and another bit of good news...I've only gained 6 pounds total so far. I was a little worried that I had gained more, but Bernie says I'm in great shape! Can't wait until Oct. 3 to see our LEGO!!!!

1 comment:

Ashley Raymond said...

So...fast heartbeat means boy, right? I don't believe in all that stuff, but thats what they say. LOL. Bring on October...can't wait hopefully pictures!!!