Tuesday, July 29, 2008

So, I'm knocked up...

Well, the joyous news came to us on July 15, 2008. I was then 12 days late and decided to take a test. I had taken one exactly one week earlier and it came out negative, but I talked to a few people about it and everyone kept advising that I retake it and in the morning. So I did. I think I chose to do it on the WORST morning ever. I sleepily crept out of bed and sat on the toilet. Pulled out the test, peed and waited. One line came out and I thought to myself...good, good. Then another one started to appear...bad, bad. It never got as dark as the first line, but it was definitely there.

I quickly got dressed because this was no ordinary day...JURY DUTY! I drove to the court house thinking about that stupid stick and how I wanted it to break it in half! Then I realized I rushed out the door without my summons to appear for Jury duty and I distinctly remember that I could not enter the building without it. So, I sped back to my house grabbed the stupid summons, and the stupid stick, and rushed back to the courthouse. Yea, I had a fricken stick I just peed on in a sandwhich bag in my purse all during Jury Duty. GROSS! It just so happens that I had Jury Duty with my friend Laura that morning. Thank God she was there because the time might have gone by even slower without her. We were finally released at 12, I went home ate some Ramen noodles and waited for my OBGYN to reopen after lunch.

I finally got through on the phone and I explained to the nurse that I had one neg. test and one pos. She says..."You're pregnant". I thought to myself, "Who are you??? GOD?" I don't think so...I want more proof. So, she sent me to have blood work done and SUPRISE...the next day Jake and I found out, we are brewing a baby.

Once I got off the phone with the nurse Jake walked into the house. I had sent him a text earlier in the day to let him know that we needed to "talk". Every guy, I'm sure, hates hearing those words! So as soon as he gets in the house he says, "so, what do we need to talk about?". I brought up the last test and reminded him how it was neg. and then told him I tested again and it was positve. His face lit up like a Christmas tree. I got a smile from ear to ear, eyes like a deer in head lights, and a weird head shake. I was totally surprised. I thought I would get a totally different reaction. NO, he's totally happy and excited! Now, I could be too!






No comments: